Unique Bat Fins
Cut Vinyl Decal
Flameproof Chute Protector
Laser Cut Plywood Parts
Kevlar/Nylon Shock Cord
Heavy Duty Body Tube
Recovery: 18″ Nylon Chute
Motor Mount: 29mm
Fins: 1/8″ Plywood
- 12/08/2007 – Purchased Mad Cow batray form Merlin Missiles for $32.00 (Retail – $39.95)
- 01/08/2008 – Took pictures of package and contents. Scanned components.
- 01/10/2008 – Measured aft and forward ring positions and epoxied rings in place with aft 1/8″ from retainer and forward ring 2″ from end. Filleted ring joints with 5 minute epoxy.
- 01/11/2008 – Epoxied motor mount inside body tube with 2 ton epoxy.
- 01/12/2008 – Filleted aft motor mount centering ring joint with 5 minute epoxy. Epoxied fins in place with 30 minute epoxy and filleted fin joints with 5 minute epoxy.
- 01/24/2008 – Epoxied launch lug 1/2″ from aft end and 1/2″ from forward ends. Filleted launch lug joints with 5 minute epoxy.
- 05/04/2008 – Sprayed model with Krylon Gray Primer.
- 05/31/2009 – Filled hole in nose cone with 9.3 cc of #8 lead shot. Epoxied nose cone bulk head with screw eye in base with 5 minute epoxy. Used a piece of clay to plug the hole containing the lead shot.
- 06/05/2009 – Painted body and nose cone Gloss Black.
- 06/06/2009 – Painted nose cone black again after sanding wiht 50 grit sandpaper.
- 06/07/2009 – Masked body tube and spray painted fins Smoke Gray. Removed the masking tape and paper.
- 06/11/2009 – Applied decal to body tube. Carefully removed decal backing and placed exposed decal to proper position on body tube. Using finger pressed decal down onto body tube. Removed front paper and decal application was complete.