CUSTOM Model #10019
Great kit for your first or second rocket. Features injection-molded plastic nose cone, laser-cut balsa fins, and 12” parachute recovery. Includes pressure sensitive decal and quick-release engine mount.
- Length: 11.75″
- Diameter: 0.976″
- Weight: 0.7 oz.
- Recovery: 12″ Parachute
- Fins: Laser Cut Balsa
- Nose Cone: Injection Molded Plastic
- Decal: Pressure Sensitive
- Recommended Motors:
- 1/2A6-2, A8-3, B4-4. B6-4, C6-5, C6-7
- 01/30/1999 – Purchased Custom Venture #10019 from Joe’s Hobby Barn for $6.02 (Retail – $6.69)
- 03/11/2000 – Opened kit and found all parts present. Removed parts from bag and scanned decal, fin guide, nose cone, and fin. Removed parts to construct engine mount. Marked engine mount at 2-1/2″, 2″, 3/4″. Cut small site to accommodate the upper end of the engine retainer on the 2-1/2″ mark. Installed the engine retainer to engine mount tube. Ran a small bead of glue just ahead of the 3/4″ mark and pushed centering ring through the glue bead. Ran a bead of glue just above the 2′ mark and pushed the other centering ring through the glue to the 2″ mark. Filleted the centering ring joints. Glued the assembly flush with the body tube. Attached balsa fins to body tube and filleted the joints. Secured screw eye into white plastic nose cone.
- 03/12/2000 – Glued launch lug and filled joints. Attached shock cord to nose cone.
- 06/08/2000 – Balsa filled fins. Sanded fins between applications. Painted model with Krylon Gloss White #1501 spray paint.
- 08/03/2000 – Spray painted fins and body tube Oyster Gray with Krylon #1607. Painted the nose cone with Krylon High Gloss #1601 Glossy Black spray paint.
- 12/25/2000 – Applied decals to model. This completes construction of Custom Venture model rocket #10019.
|11/05/2008||ADC Park||BS25||A8-3||Only Twice?|
|09/18/2010||ADC Park||BS44||B6-4||Nice flight.|
|03/26/2011||Sim’s Farm||BS48||B6-4||Good Flight. Long walk for recovery.|