CUSTOM Model #10027
The TriStar is a single stage rocket with a futuristic passenger rocket design using parachute recovery.
- Length: 9.65″
- Diameter: 0.98″
- Weight: 1.07 oz.
- Nose Cone: Plastic
- Fins: Balsa
- Recovery: 12″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- 1/2A6-2, A8-3, B4-4, B6-4, C6-5, C6-7
- 03/24/2000 – Purchased Custom Tristar (#10027) from Joe’s Hobby Barn for $6.59 (Retail – $6.95)
- 12/22/2000 – Opened the jpackage and scanned in the information relative to this model. Cut a 1/8″ slit in body tube 1/4′ from one end and marked each end of body tube 1/2″. Placed engine holder in slot and centering ring at each 1/2″ mark. Filleted centering ring joints. Printed a copy of instruction page with shock cord mount and cut it out. Glued the falsa fins together and allowed to dry. Marked the body tube 1-3/4″ for the fin guidelines.
- 12/23/2000 – Glued engine mount to body tube. Glued fins to body tube.
- 12/24/2000 – Filleted fins.
- 12/25/2000 – Glued shock cord into mount and then inside of body tube. Attached nose cone to other end of shock cord.
- 01/30/2001 – Glued launch lug 3″ from aft end of body tube and filleted joints.
- 09/21/2002 – Cleaned up model with a brush and cloth. Spray painted with Krylon #1501 Gloss White.
- 10/07/2002 – Put second coat of white paint on model.
- 10/19/2002 – Cut out water slide decals and applied all to model except the cockpit decal. Painted nose cone blue. Applied cockpit decal to nose cone. This completes construction of Custom #10027 Tristar model rocket.
|04/11/2009||ADC Park||BS29||A8-3||Tracking Practice.|
|05/15/2010||ADC Park||BS41||C6-5||Good Flight after fixing tail fin.|
|09/14/2013||Sod Farm||BS71||B6-4||Nice Roll.|
|09/14/2013||Sod Farm||BS71||C6-3||First launch of the Day – Recovered from corn field.|
|06/08/2014||Sod Farm||BS68||A8-3||Good Flight and easy recovery.|
|09/13 & 14/2014||Sod Farm||BS84||B6-4||Good Flight.|
|09/13 & 14/2014||Sod Farm||BS84||C6-5||Lost in west bean field.|