The TriStar is a single stage rocket with a futuristic passenger rocket design using parachute recovery.
|Motor Size:||18 millimeters|
|Nose Cone Material:||Plastic|
|Recommended Motors:||1/2A6-2, A8-3, B4-4, B6-4, C6-5, C6-7|
- 03/24/2000 – Purchased Custom Tristar (#10027) from Joe’s Hobby Barn for $6.59 (Retail – $6.95)
- 12/22/2000 – Opened the jpackage and scanned in the information relative to this model. Cut a 1/8″ slit in body tube 1/4′ from one end and marked each end of body tube 1/2″. Placed engine holder in slot and centering ring at each 1/2″ mark. Filleted centering ring joints. Printed a copy of instruction page with shock cord mount and cut it out. Glued the falsa fins together and allowed to dry. Marked the body tube 1-3/4″ for the fin guidelines.
- 12/23/2000 – Glued engine mount to body tube. Glued fins to body tube.
- 12/24/2000 – Filleted fins.
- 12/25/2000 – Glued shock cord into mount and then inside of body tube. Attached nose cone to other end of shock cord.
- 09/21/2002 – Cleaned up model with a brush and cloth. Spray painted with Krylon #1501 Gloss White.
- 10/07/2002 – Put second coat of white paint on model.
- 10/19/2002 – Cut out water slide decals and applied all to model except the cockpit decal. Painted nose cone blue.