CUSTOM Model #10005
The Custom Serval™ is a single-stage, 18mm-powered tube finned rocket.
The rocket is 23.25″ tall and 1.325″ in diameter. It uses a hollow, plastic nose cone and, of course, tube fins (seven of them). An elastic shock cord and a 2″x36″ metallic mylar streamer make up the recovery system. There is also a small water-transfer decal page with a couple of strips and the name Serval in black.
- Length: 23.25″
- Diameter: 1.325″
- Recovery: 2″ x 36″ Mylar Streamer
- 01/30/1999 – Purchased the Custom Serval from Joe’s Hobby Barn for $7.64 (Retail – 8.49)
- 12/29/2001 – Opened kit. All parts there.
- 12/30/2001 – Took pictures and scanned in parts. Measured other stuff too see page 112 Book #1.
- 12/31/2001 – Marked engine tube at 3/4″, 2″, and 2-1/2″. Cut 1/8″ slit at 2-1/2″ mark and inserted engine retainer wire. Glued and filleted centering rings at the 3/4″ and 2″ marks.
- 01/01/2002 – Glued the engine mount tube even with body tube. Printed the tube and fin marking guide. Cut out the guide and marked the body tube. Glued the fins in place. Cut out shock cord mount and glued shock cord in it. Glued shock cord mount assembly into forward end of body tube at least 1″ from end. Screwed screw eye into nose cone and tied shock cord to it. Attached self adhesive tab to streamer, punched a hole in tab and tied a piece of line to the streamer. Tied a snap swivel to other end of line. Glued launch lug 7″ from rear of body tube in line between 2 fins.
- 09/28/2002 – Sprayed a white base coat of Krylon #1501
- 10/05/2002 – Sprayed nose cone with Krylon Black
- 10/07/2002 – Painted tube and fins a second coat of white paint and nose cone a second coat of black.
- 10/16/2002 – Cut out water slide decals and applied to model. This completes construction of Custom Serval model rocket #10005.