CUSTOM Model #10022
Scale-like, surveillance drone missile removes threat of opposing side snooping on military installations. Makes a great display kit with unique plastic cone and reducer. Features laser-cut balsa fins, and 12” parachute recovery, detailed decals and quick-release engine mount. Flies over 750 feet.
Weight: 1.26 oz
Recovery: 12″ Parachute
Fins: Laser-cut balsa
Nose Cone: Plastic
Engines: B4-2, B4-4, B6-4, C6-5
- 01/30/1999 – Purchased Custom Satellite Drone from Joe’s Hobby Barn for $10.34 (Retail – 11.49)
- 01/01/2001 – Open kit and found all parts were included in the kit. Took pictures and scanned in fin, dowels, template, C-ring, decal and instructions. See page 112 of Book #1 for measurements.
- 01/04/2002 – Revised centering ring to engine mount. Used a coupler tube from designers kit and glued the custom centering ring to it. This makes the motor mount assembly. Printed the fin template and cut it out. Note: did not use the engine retainer clip. Filleted the 18mm engine mount tube 3/4″ into the unit containing the centering ring and adapter tube. Then filleted the other Centering ring/engine tube joint. Glued engine mount assembly into BT-55 tube with engine mount tube rear even with the rear of body tube. Used a lot of glue so the inner centering ring/mount will form a fillet with the body tube.
- 01/06/2002 – Glued lower fins to body tube. Glued upper fins to body tube after cutting the 3/8″ x 6″ balsa strip into 3 2″ pieces. Also cut the dowel rod int 3 2-1/2′ pieces. glued the dowel rods to the top of the upper fins and onto the body tube. Cut the shroud lines into 3 pieces and affixed them to the 18″ silver mylar parachute with round self adhesive tabs. Glued the launch lug to the body tube 3″ to the body tube and half way between the upper and lower fins. filleted ring to upper fins.
- 09/21/2002 – Prepared model for painting by cleaning the dirt and dust from storage off the model. Used Krylon #1501 Gloss White for the first coat of paint.
- 10/05/2002 – Applied second coat of white paint and painted nose cone Red.
- 10/05/2002 – Cut out water slide decals and applied to model. This completes construction of the Custom Satellite Drone model rocket.