This unique model uses tubes as fins! With pre-colored parts there is no painting required! Features injection-molded plastic nose cone, and 12” parachute recovery. Includes self-adhesive decals and quick-release engine mount for fast engine change. Flies over 1,000 feet with a C6-7 motor.
|Length||12” (30.5 cm)|
|Diameter||0.976″ (24.8 cm)|
|Weight||1.6 oz (46 g)|
|Nose Cone||Injection-molded plastic|
|Engines||1/2A6-2, A8-3, B4-4, B6-4, C6-5, C6-7|
- 01/30/1999 – Purchased Custom Razor from Joe’s Hobby Barn for $6.02 (Retail – $6.69)
- 02/18/2002 – Opened kit. All part present. Scanned plans, decal and template.
- 02/19/2002 – Cut a slit 2″ from end of engine mount tube and inserted engine retainer within slit. Glued engine mount centering rings at 3/4″ and 2″ marks from rear end. Filleted centering ring joints. Cut out tube marking guide and shock cord mount. Glued shock cord to mount and then to inside of body tube. Glued engine mount inside rear of body tube so the tubes of the engine mount and body tube are even. Glued tube fins to body tube, held in place with rubber bands. Filleted tube fin joints.
- 02/21/2002 – Re applied fillet to tube fin joints. Tied nose cone to shock cord. Glued launch lug to body tube along guideline 4″ from the rear. Filleted the launch lug joints.
- 10/18/2002 – Masked shoulder of nose and painted it black. Applied decals after paint dried.
- 10/19/2002 – Attached screw eye to nose cone. This completes construction of the Custom Razor model rocket.