The Custom Galileo Probe is a small scale-looking rocket. It uses the 18mm 1/2A engines and is a great flier. It comes down on its nose cone unharmed every time. It is a cool looking and fun rocket.
It uses the 18mm 1/2A engines
- 06/24/2000 – Purchased Custom model from Joe’s Hobby Barn for $4.59 (Retail – $4.59)
- 12/24/2000 – Opened package and inventoy of parts was taken. Scanned the instructions, decal sheet, fins, nose cone and launch lug standoff. Glued nose cone into body tube. Applied glue fillets to ring. Gjlued shroud together.
- 12/24/2000 – Glued shroud to body tube and ring.
- 12/25/2000 – Glued balsa fins to shroud at location lines.
- 01/04/2001 – Glued launch lug stand off equally spaced between 2 fins and even with bottom edge of the tube. The taller edge is pointed toward the nose cone. Glued launch lug to launch lug stand off.
- 09/25/2002 – Sprayed model with Krylon #1501 Gloss White.
- 10/05/2002 – Masked all but nose cone . Painted nose cone Red.
- 10/06/2002 – Cut water slide decals and applied to model by placing in a small bowl of warm water with a slight amount of soap for 30-35 seconds and then sliding into position. This completes construction of the Custom Galileo model rocket.