CUSTOM Model #10030
Fun sport rocket with wild decals! Easy to build and fly; makes a great beginner kit. Features injection-molded plastic nose cone, die-cut balsa fins, and streamer recovery. Includes pressure sensitive decals and quick-release engine mount for fast engine change. Flights of over 1000 feet are possible with a C6-7 motor.
- Length: 11.5″
- Diameter: 0.976″
- Weight: 0.7 oz.
- Recovery: 12″ Parachute
- Fins: Laser Cut Balsa
- Decals: Self Adhesive
- Recommended Motors:
- 1/2A6-2, A8-3, b4-4, B6-4, C6-5, C6-7
- 03/15/2001 – Purchased this Custom model from Nchobbies for $6.95 (Retail – $6.95)
- 12/12/2001 – Opened kit. Scaned one fin. Traced fin and added dementions.
- 12/13/2001 – Scanned fin, decal and plans.
- 12/14/2001 – Marked body tube for 3 fins with Estes marking guide for BT-50. Built the motor mount by gluing the centering rings 1/2″ from each end of the motor mount tube and over the engine retaining clip. The clip was installed into the motor mount tube by cutting a 1/8″ long slit 1/4″ from forward end of motor mount tube. Filleted the centering ring/motor tube joints. Glued the motor mount assembly into the body tube so it is even with the body tube end. Cut out shock cord mount and glued the shock cord to it. Glued the shock cord assembly into the forward end of the BT-50 body tube about 2″ from the end. Drew fin guidelines.
- 12/15/2001 – Glued fins to main body tube. Filleted fin/body tube joints with yellow Elmers Wood Glue. Marked the body tube opposite the engine retainer. Glued launch lug 3″ from rear of body tube along launch lug guideline. Filleted launch lug/body tube joints. Tied nose cone to other end of shock cord.
- 09/21/2002 – Cleaned off dust and cob webs from model. Spray painted it with Krylon #1501 Gloss White.
- 10/05/2002 – Masked fins an body tube. Painted fins Yellow. Removed some whit when removing masking tape.
- 10/08/2002 – Painted body Gloss White.
- 10/18/2002 – Cut out water slide decals and applied to model. This completes construction of the Custom Fiesta.