BMS Model #MRK.IX
The Viking 1 is an advanced design model rocket. A new and superior type of aerodynamic stability is used which permits maximum stability with minimum drag. This lower drag results in greater altitudes than has been possible from flat fin conventional designs. Be a winner with a Viking 1.
- Length: 20″
- Recovery: Parachute
- Easy to follow assembly directions
- All part complete (No cutting or forming)
- Amazing single engine performance
- High altitude flights
- Fine display model
- Explore the sky with the Viking-1
- Recommended engines: A4-4, B3-4, C4-4, D4-6, D6-6, E5-6, D18-6
- 02/13/2008 – Purchased the FSI model from BSM for $6.00 (Retail – $6.00).
- 02/27/2022 – Took pictures and scanned components. Measured components and recorded them in Book #4 Page 110. Glued tube coupler half way into body tube.
- 02/28/2022 – Glued fin body tubes to main body tube. Glued and screwed eye bolt into nose cone using yellow glue. Threaded shock cord through it’s mount and then glued it inside the forward end of the main body tube 1-1/2″. Cut launch lug 1/2″ from one end. Sanded ends smooth.Drew the launch lug reference line midway between tube fins. Glued the 1/2″ launch lug 1/2″ from forward edge on main body tube. Tied shock cord to nose cone eye bolt. Filleted launch lug joints with yellow glue. This completes construction of model except paint and decals.
- 03/05/2022 – Spray painted entire model with black primer.
- 10/14/2022 – Sanded model with 60 grit sandpaper and wiped with alcohol wiper.
- 10/16/2022 – Sanded model with 1500 grit sandpaper and wiped it with alcohol wiper. Spray painted tube fins with Rust-oleum #7435 Green.
- 11/11/2022 – Masked tube fins.
- 11/14/2022 – Spray painted model with Krylon #3429 Gloss White.
- 11/15/2022 – Removed masking.
- 11/25/2022 – Spray painted white portion with Rusto-oleum #327874 Gloss White.
- 11/30/2022 – Applied Water Slide decals using instructions as guide.