FSI Model #MRK.IX
The Viking 1 is an advanced design model rocket. A new and superior type of aerodynamic stability is used which permits maximum stability with minimum drag. This lower drag results in greater altitudes than has been possible from flat fin conventional designs. Be a winner with a Viking 1.
- Length: 20″
- Recovery: Parachute
- Easy to follow assembly directions
- All part complete (No cutting or forming)
- Amazing single engine performance
- High altitude flights
- Fine display model
- Explore the sky with the Viking-1
- Recommended engines: A4-4, B3-4, C4-4, D4-6, D6-6, E5-6, D18-6
- 02/13/2008 – Purchased the FSI model from BSM for $6.00 (Retail – $6.00). Took pictures of package. Opened package and took pictures of components
- 02/14/2008 – Glued 2 of 3 tube fins to body tube.
- 02/15/2008 – Glued third fin to body tube. Glued tube coupler to upper body tube. Glued screw eye into nose cone. glued shock cord mount to upper body tube.
- 02/16/2009 – Glued tube coupler to lower body tube.
- 02/18/2008 – Glued lower launch lug to lower body tube.
- 02/19/2008 – Glued upper launch lug to upper body tube.
- 02/20/2008 – Filleted one set of tube fin/body tube joints.
- 02/21/2008 – Filleted second set of tube fin/body tube joints.
- 02/22/2008 – Filleted third and final set of tube fin/body tube joints.
- 03/01/2008 – Filled in air bubbles in tube fin/body tube joints.
- 03/02/2008 – Touched up all fin fillets.
- 05/04/2008 – Sprayed model with Krylon Grey Primer.
- 07/20/2009 – Masked body tube and spray painted tube fins with Rustoleum John Deere Green #7435.
- 07/21/2008 – Removed masking tape and applied water slide decals as per picture. hand painted launch lugs with Testors Gloss Black #61147. Took several pictures of completed rocket. This completes construction of BMS clone of the FSI Viking-1 model rocket.
|08/08/2009||ADC Park||BS32||D12-4||Maiden Flight. Lost Nose Cone and 9″ Chute.|