BINDER DESIGN Model #
Inspired by a popular video game series, this is our rendition of a shoulder launched missile of the future. This stout kit features unique military styling and decals, with a simulated armor piercing nosecone design. This sport kit was designed with short duration high thrust motors in mind but it can be flown on most 38mm motors. Tough and stout, this rocket is great for L1 certifications and is even tough enough for a J motor if you dare.
Instructions include Rocksim stability data courtesy of Apogee Components. This kit also features a Binder Design exclusive…..Modular fin can assembly instructions!
This kit includes pre-slotted airframe for an easier build, and comes with a fin alignment guide!
DIAMETER : 4 inches
LENGTH : 33 inches
MOTOR MOUNT : 38mm
RECOVERY : Recovery harness
FINS : 1/4″ Aircraft Birch Plywood
GUIDANCE: Binder Design Delrin rail buttons
RECOMMENDED MOTORS: H through J
- 12/08/2007 – Purchased Binder Design model form Merlin Missiles for $67.50 (Retail – $74.99)
- 01/08/2008 – Took pictures of package and then components.
- 01/18/2008 – Using K-B Weld, epoxied motor retainer to aft end of motor tube.
- 01/19/2008 – Scanned pictures. Made measurements and recorded them in Book #3 Page 83. Sanded bulk head and centering rings to fit 4″ body tube. Epoxied larger centering ring to aft end of motor mount tube with 30 minute epoxy. Sanded the smaller centering ring and epoxied it to the forward side of the larger centering ring at the forward end of the motor mount tube. Fit centering ring into place and dry fit fins through body tube slots and onto motor mount tube. Removed fins. planed fin tabs to fit model. Rounded leading and trailing fin edges. Removed motor mount assembly. Epoxied forward centering ring to motor mount tube with 15 minute epoxy. Epoxied nose cone tip to nose cone. Epoxied fin through body tube slots and onto motor mount tube. Affixed screw eye to bulkhead.
- 01/20/2008 – Cut tube slots into main body tube. Sanded upper centering ring to fit body tube and motor mount tube.
- 01/21/2008 – Filleted fin joints with 5 minute epoxy.
- 01/22/2008 – Filleted inside of nos cone tip.
- 01/23/2008 – Drilled #26 hole into body tube along launch lug line at 1/2″ and 8″ from aft end and epoxied 1010 rail buttons.
- 05/04/2008 – Spray painted model with Krylon Gray Primer.
- 07/17/2009 – Sanded model with 400 grit sandpaper and wiped down with paper towel. Spray painted entire model with Krylon 8143 Camouflage Olive Drab
- 07/19/2009 – Applied Vinyl decals and took pictures of completed rocket. This completes construction of the Binder Design 38mm high power rocket, Jackhammer.
|11/10/2007||Hardin Landfill||BS18||H123W||Maiden flight. Chose a longer delay and created a nice long zipper in the process.|
|03/07/2010||Sim’s Farm||TRA1||I245G||Whiplash. Proxy fight for Matt.|