The Bullet is a single stage, parachute recovered, scale-look sport bird.
- 02/12/2001 – Opened kit and inventoried parts. All parts were there. Removed the four fins from the 0.100″ fin sheet. Marked engine tube at 2″, 2-1/2″, 6″, 7″ and 9″ positions from the aft end of the body tube. Glued the first ring in place at the rear end of the motor tube. Will modify the engine tube by eliminating the engine clip. Glued the remaining 4 centering rings to the engine tube. Filleted the ring/engine mount tube joints.
- 02/13/2001 – Glued the body tubes to the engine mount tube. Marked the fin and launch lug positions. Glued the fins in place. Started filleting first set of fins.
- 02/14/2001 – Finished filleting fin/body tube joints. Glued shock cord to mount and then to body tube. Cut launch lug in half. Glued one section 2″ from end of 18″ tube along the launch lug guideline and the other near length of 6″ from fins. Filleted launch lug/body tube joints.
- 09/21/2002 – Used a small soft brush and clean cotton cloth to clean up model. Painted the first coat with Krylon #1501 Gloss White spray paint.
- 10/05/2002 – Painted the fins and rear of the body tube Krylon Gloss Red.
- 10/20/2002 – Covered white upper body tube with newspaper and sprayed Red over area. Sprayed it three times.
- 10/21/2002 – Removed tape and paper after red paint dried.
- 12/28/2003 – Painted nose cone and 5″ of payload section with Color-Place #20012 Silver Aluminum.
- 01/24/2004 – Touched up white areas with Testors #2545 Gloss White paint marker. Reattached 2 side tanks.
- 01/25/2004 – Cut out water slide decals and applied them to the model. Applied both “air force” decals, three warning decals and 2 of the 4 serial number decals. This completes construction of the Custom Model #10015 model rocket called Bullet.