Model #V-2 24mm
The V – 2 (“Vengeance Weapon 2”) is perhaps the most famous, and certainly the most infamous, rocket ever built. Designed by Werner von Braun for the Nazi war effort during WWII, the V – 2 was the world’s first large liquid-fueled rocket. Originally designated the A – 4, thousands were built by prisoners during the early 1940s. After the war, many captured V – 2s were flown by the U.S. as well as the Soviet Union. Despite its’ horrific inception as a weapon of destruction, the V – 2 was the forerunner of all the large liquid-fuel rockets which were to follow.
Our most popular kit! Like our other V – 2 kits, this model has a pre-drilled balsa boattail & balsa nose cone, laser-cut basswood fins and is accurately scaled. Designed primarily to fly on D12 motors, it will fly “outta – sight” on a composite E! Also flies great on 18mm Bs and Cs with adapter EA18/24 (not included).
This kit has been recently updated to include an optional quick-change engine hook. Instruction sheets have been updated and re-written as well.
Length: 14.125″/35.88 cm
Diameter.: 1.637″/41.6 mm
Weight: 3.7 oz/105 gm
Recovery: 15″ Parachute
Scale: approx. 1/40 (0.025)
Skill Level: Beginner/Intermediate
Requires 3/16″ Launch Rod
Recommended Engines: D12 – 5; E15 – 7; E20 – 7; E30 – 7; with EA18/24 Adapter: B4 – 2; B6 – 2; C6 – 5
- 05/15/2018 – Purchased ASP model from ASP for $26.00 (Retail – $26.00)
- 03/27/2020 – Cut out tube marking guide, boat tail marking guide and removed fins from fin sheet.
- 03/28/2020 – Mixed 4 mL of epoxy and epoxied the weight into the nose cone. Put glue into nose cone recess form by the screw eye. Allowed glue to dry and epoxy to cure with nose cone set upright position using body tube as support. Did not use engine block nor engine hook to allow for larger sized motors. Tied Kevlar cord to shock cord and to centering ring. Applied glue to knot. Sanded leading and training edges of fins. Glued boat tail to body tube. Extended body tube line along boat tail.
- 03/29/2020 – Glued fins to boat tail. Glued fins to boat tail and body tube. Glued launch lug 1/2″ above boat tail on body tube along launch lug guideline.
- 03/30/2020 – Filled crack between boat tail and body tube with filler. Filleted launch lug joints.
- 03/31/2020 – Cut pull out plug and turbine exhaust from 1/8″ thick bass wood strip. Started sanding to shape.
- 04/02/2020 – Assembled 15″ mylar parachute kit as per instructions. Applied CA inside each reinforcement circle before tying shroud lines. Formed a loop 1″ from end of shroud lines and attached a snap swivel to loop.