A detailed scale model of a sounding rocket used for scientific studies. If you’ve never built a scale model before, the Tomahawk is a great place to start. The blueprint that comes with the kit shows scale details and color patterns. This rocket turns in beautiful flights!
Product No. 89014
- Length: 41″
- Diameter: 1.9″
- Nose Cone: 5:1 Ogive
- Weight (without motor): 11oz
- Fins: 4-Trapezoidal with blunt trailing edge airfoil
- Stages: 1
- Motor Mount: 29mm
- Recovery System: Parachute
- Product No. 89014
- 12/18/1999 – Purchased model from e-hobbies for $32.77 (Retail – $47.95)
- 03/15/2002 – Opened kit and found decal sheet missing. Will await decal before kit construction begins.
- 03/2/2002 – Decal arrived today. Took pictures of model. Epoxied motor adaptor tube ring on one end and at 3/4″ from other end of motor adaptor tube. epoxied thrust ring flange to thrust ring. Marked motor tube at 13/16″, 2-7/8″, and 4-5/8″ along center line. Cut a 1/4″ slot along the 4-5/8″ mark on the center line. Inserted motor retainer into slot. Slid fin lik ring over motor mount bupe up to the 13/16″ mark. Slid the other fin lok ring over the forward end of the motor tube, over the motor retainer and to the 2-7/8″ mark. Epoxied the rings in place without getting epoxy in the slots and leavingthe rear side of the rear ring for later. Slid the middle centering ring over the forward end of the motor tube and epoxied it to theforward ent of the forward fin lok ring. Slit hte forward end of motor tube 1/4″ at 90 degree increments . Inserted the cooling mesh and then epoxied the baffle shoulder into the forward end of the motor tube. epoxied the flange/body tube joint. Epoxied the thrust ring/flange to the end of the motor retainer inside the body tube.
- 03/23/2002 – Inserted motor tbe assembly into the body tube and epoxied fins in place. Epoxied screw eye/bulkhead assembly into tube coupler and then attached the other end of the shock cord to screw eye using tweezers.
- 03/28/2002 – Epoxied upper centering ring/body tube joint. Epoxied launch lugs to body tube at slots. Epoxied tube coupler into the uper payload section with the bulkhead end into the upper body tube.
- 04/04/2002 – Epoxy filleted all four fin/body tube joints and launch lug/body tube joints. Model is awaiting paint and decals.
- 06/28/2003 – Sprayed entire model with Krylon Gray Primer.
- 10/20/2003 – Sanded model with 320 grit sandpaper and then 600 grit sandpaper.
- 11/23/2003 – Spray painted entire model with Krylon #1501 White Gloss.
- 12/28/2003 – Cleaned the nose cone with damp towel and dried it with a paper towel followed with sun drying. Masked the shoulder with 2″ masking tabe before painting the nose cone with Krylon #2108 Banner Red Gloss.