Seeing is believing–not just a mirage–it’s a dream come true! This rocket is big! But don’t let its size scare you. Like all our rocket kits, Mirage is easy to build. The molded fins have more angles and planes than ever seen on a sport rocket. Liftoffs are slow and majestic.
- Length: 87″
- Diameter: 2.6″/
- Nose Cone: 5:1 Ogive
- Weight (without motor): 31oz
- Fins: 3-Tapered swept with compound airfoil
- Stages: 1
- Motor Mount: 29mm
- Recovery System: Parachute
- Product No. 89019
- 03/21/1999 – Purchased model from Joe’s Hobby Barn for $68.99 (Retail – $74.95)
- 03/06/2002 – Test fit motor tube to body tube. Removed motor tube and epoxied thrust ring/flange inside body tube. Epoxied fin loks and forward entering ring to motor tube.
- 03/07/2002 – Slit forward end of motor tube 1/4″ at 90 degree positions. Epoxied ejection gas baffle shoulder into slitted motor tube and epoxied centering ring on baffle fange. Screwed ee hook into buulkhead. Inserted motor tube into body tube and epoxied flange into fin lok assembly. Epoxied the fins to the tube and fin lok assembly. Epoxied the rear centering ring into the body tube against the fins and fin lok assembly. Epoxied the upper and lower centering ring/body tube joints.
- Marked coupling rings at 3″ from ends. Epoxied bulkhead to one of the tube couplers and epoxied into the middle body tube at the 3″ mark of the coupler tube. Epoxied upper tubes together. Epoxied launch lugs to body tubes. Attached 22″ parachute 9″ from nose cone on shock cord.
- 04/08/2002 – Epoxied fin/body tube joints and launch lug/body tube joints. First fill for body tube putty.
- 04/07/2002 – Put second putty coating into body tube.
- 04/24/2002 – Sanded body tube putty filler.
- 06/28/2003 – Sprayed fins and lower section with Krylon Gray Primer. Sanded Red putty smooth.
- 09/12/2007 – Sanded gray primer. with 400 grit sandpaper and then 600 grit sandpaper. Wiped model with rag and then sprayed bottom section with Krylon Gloss Black. Masked upper 1/2 and sprayed lower half with Krylon Sun Yellow. Spray painted nose cone with Krylon Gloss Pumpkin Orange. Sprayed additional orange paint to remove marks in sove cone.
- 09/16/2007 – Masked lower portion of upper section previously painted yellow and painted remaining of upper section Krylon Gloss White.