AEROTECH Model #89019
Seeing is believing–not just a mirage–it’s a dream come true! This rocket is big! But don’t let its size scare you. Like all our rocket kits, Mirage is easy to build. The molded fins have more angles and planes than ever seen on a sport rocket. Liftoffs are slow and majestic.
- Length: 87″
- Diameter: 2.6″/
- Nose Cone: 5:1 Ogive
- Weight (without motor): 31oz
- Fins: 3-Tapered swept with compound airfoil
- Stages: 1
- Motor Mount: 29mm
- Recovery System: Parachute
- Product No. 89019
- Parts List
- Thrust Ring – 7-1/16
- Thrust Ring Flange – 1/16″
- Motor Tube
- Motor Hook
- Fin-Lok Rings
- Centering Rings – 2-17/32″
- Cooling Mesh
- Ejection Gas Baffle
- Screw Eye
- Shock Cord 8′
- Lower Body Tube Slotted
- Middle Body Tube with LL Slots
- Upper Body Tube
- Bulkhead Disk – 1/16″
- Couple Tube – 6″
- Launch Lugs
- Nose Cone
- Self Adhesive Decal Sheet
- Parachute – 22″
- Parachute – 30″
- “F” Spacer Tube – 1″
- 03/21/1999 – Purchased Aerotech model #89019 from Joe’s Hobby Barn for $68.99 (Retail – $74.95).
- 03/05/2002 – Opened kit and found all part were included. Cut 1/4″ slot at 4-5/8″ from aft end of motor mount tube. Inseted engine retainer into slot and placed rear fin lok 1-1/2″ from aft end of motor mount tube. placed other lok 3-9/16″ from aft end of motor mount tube. Epoxied thrust flang to thrust ring.
- 03/06/2002 – Test fit motor tube to body tube. Removed motor tube and epoxied thrust ring/flange inside body tube. Epoxied fin loks and forward entering ring to motor tube.
- 03/07/2002 – Slit forward end of motor tube 1/4″ at 90 degree positions. Epoxied ejection gas baffle shoulder into slitted motor tube and epoxied centering ring on baffle fange. Screwed ee hook into buulkhead. Inserted motor tube into body tube and epoxied flange into fin lok assembly. Epoxied the fins to the tube and fin lok assembly. Epoxied the rear centering ring into the body tube against the fins and fin lok assembly. Epoxied the upper and lower centering ring/body tube joints.
- 03/08/2002 – Marked coupling rings at 3″ from ends. Epoxied bulkhead to one of the tube couplers and epoxied into the middle body tube at the 3″ mark of the coupler tube. Epoxied upper tubes together. Epoxied launch lugs to body tubes. Attached 22″ parachute 9″ from nose cone on shock cord.
- /2002 – Epoxied fin/body tube joints and launch lug/body tube joints. First fill for body tube putty.
- 04/07/2002 – Put second putty coating into body tube.
- 04/24/2002 – Sanded body tube putty filler.
- 06/28/2003 – Sprayed fins and lower section with Krylon Gray Primer. Sanded Red putty smooth.
- 06/30/2007 – Marked body tube at 33-1/2″ & 34″ and drew a line around body tube at each point. Cut out damaged area contained between marks with razor cutter.
- 08/08/2007 – Marked tube coupler at mid point and epoxied into upper and lower sections.
- 08/09/2007 – Applied filler putty at tube joints and sanded smooth. Sprayed gray paint primer over area.
- 09/12/2007 – Sanded gray primer. with 400 grit sandpaper and then 600 grit sandpaper. Wiped model with rag and then sprayed bottom section with Krylon Gloss Black. Masked upper 1/2 and sprayed lower half with Krylon Sun Yellow. Spray painted nose cone with Krylon Gloss Pumpkin Orange. Sprayed additional orange paint to remove marks in nose cone.
- 09/16/2007 – Masked lower portion of upper section previously painted yellow and painted remaining of upper section Krylon Gloss White.
|02/23/2008||Hardin Landfill||BS20||G77-7R||Maiden Flight. Lawn Dart.|