Initiator Rocket Kit
The Initiator established AeroTech’s reputation for innovative and versa-tile advanced rocket design. Large, colorful, adhesive decals and molded plastic fins make it easy for you to achieve great looking results.
Product No. 89011
- 04/09/1999 – Purchased the Initiator starter set from Hobbylinc for $110.39 (Retail – $170.95).
- 02/24/2002 – Took picture of parts and decal. Downloaded to computer.
- 02/26/2002 – Took more pics of individual parts and downloaded to computer. Constructed the engine adapter by gluing the adapter rings to the adapter tube. One ring was flugh with the end of tube while the other ring was 3/4″ away from other end of tube. Used loctite Quick Tite Super Glue. Put a slit 4-5/8″ from aft end of motor tube and inserted motor hook into slit. Epoxied inside of motor hook to tube. Placed fin tabs to tube and fitted fin to them. Glued one centering ring to front fin tab and glued fin tab to motor tube with epoxy. Glued thrust flange to thrust ring inside flush with edge.Epoxied the fin lock only on the front side. Inserted cooling mesh into front end of motor tube. slitted motor tube at 4 cuts 1/4″ long at 90 degree to each other. Epoxied baffle to front of motor tube. Screwed eye screw to baffle.
- 02/22/2002 – Inserted motor tube into body tube. Glued edge of fins that contact body tube with epoxy. Snapped fin unit into fin lok. Epoxied launch lugs onto body tube. Tied nose cone to other end of shock cord.
- 03/07/2002 – Epoxied fin/fin lok joints and fin/motor tube joints. Dpoxied lower centering ring into body tube against the motor tube fins lok assembly. Epoxied the centering ring/body tube joints of forward and rearward centering rings.
- 03/09/2002 – Epoxied lower centering ring in lower body tube and over rear of motor tube butting it against the rear fins lok assembly. Assembly awaiting paint and decals.
- 06/27/2003 – Cleaned model with damp rag to get dust and dirt off. Spray painted model with gray primer.
- 10/11/2003 – Sanded primer with 40 grit sandpaper, wiped off dust with a shop rag and sanded the primer with 600 grit sandpaper. After wiping off the dust again dampened a sponge with water and wiped the excess water with a towel. Allowed the model to dry and them painted the fins and body tube (stuffed newspaper in the open end) with Krylon #1501 Gloss White paint. while the paint was drying on the fins and body tube, spray painted the nose cone red, Krylon #2101. Placed the model in the garage to dry.
- 10/17/2003 – Cut out and trimmed the self-adhesive decals and applied them to the rocket. Took pictures of completed model. This completes construction of the Aerotech Initiator Model Rocket #89002. This is the first Aerotech model I have completed.